First Presbyterian Church of Bismarck
Community Groups & Businesses
We are proud to host these community groups who meet in our church: the Suzuki School of Music for Children, Boy Scout Troop 6 and Women's OA, Women's AA Step Study Group and Newcomers AA Meeting
If you are interested in using our facility for your meeting or other function, please contact the church office at 701-223-6091 for scheduling and pricing information.
Opportunities for Outreach
Members of First Presbyterian Church live their faith by reaching out to serve others, sharing God's love and blessings in a variety of ways. Through the Outreach Committee we respond to needs in our community and throughout the world.
Below are some of the programs we support at First Presbyterian Church:
Please consider using your time and talent to build up the body of Christ
Please contact the church office if you are interested in volunteering for any of these wonderful options. You can contact the office through email or call 701-223-6091.
- Hunger Gardens Project
- Members come together in community garden spots to grow vegetables which we donate to local food pantries. We have fun planting and even weeding together!
- Ruth Meiers Soup Kitchen
- Members serve lunch one day a month in this soup kitchen available to the homeless.
- The Bismarck Emergency Food Pantry (and others)
- We collect food and other items throughout the year for area food pantries. Watch our bulletin and newsletter for collection information.
- The Banquet
- Each year FPC sets up, prepares and serves an evening meal for The Banquet at Trinity Lutheran Church on a specific Thursday (usually in September or October) with approximately 300 to 400 people attending for food and fellowship. Watch our bulletin and newsletter for event details and where to sign up to help set up, cook, serve, clean-up or donate money to support this worthwhile cause.
- Meals on Wheels
- Members volunteer each March to deliver meals to the homebound and elderly in our community.
- For Students
- We are developing a partnership with Jeanette Mhyre Elementary School, including donating food to fill backpacks for weekends and collecting school supplies in August. We also have volunteers interacting and reading with children needing, providing the opportunity for interaction with a trusted adult.
These are just a few of the activities Outreach does throughout the year. We welcome those who are interested to join the Outreach Committee, bringing new ideas and talents to better serve the community.